Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Motifs 19, Non-Hurricane and Fire Ants!

Thanks to all the well wishers concerning the Hurricane. Yep our NC Officials were suffering from chicken little syndrome. The sky is falling! It wasn't that bad. We did loose power for about an hour so that was good. We had lots and lots of rain and thunderstorms. So this, thankfully, for us was sort of a bad thunderstorm and a Non-Hurricane.

On to tatting I've been playing with Eliza's ice cream cone. Playing around with bead placement. So here is my strawberry ice cream cone. Yummy! Also Motif 19.



I would have posted before now but my son was on the playground at school and sat in the grass on some fire ants. Oh Boy! So I had to pick him up and rush him to the pediatrician and we've been dealing with that. Luckily he didn't have a bad reaction so the bites are healing slowly. Poor little guy!

I'm still tatting on my snowflakes too! I've gotten 6 done! Woo hoo! And that is without being able to tat everyday.

4 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I did the same thing when I was a little girl....unwittingly sat on a fire ant hill. I must have had a thousand bites on my rear, leg and back and I am allergic.
This is an experience I will never forget...

All the best to your little guy.

Unknown said...

I love this ice cream cone pattern. you did a great job! Glad things aren't too bad there during the storms.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your ice cream cone looks good enough to eat! The beads really add to the design!

Tara said...

Diane and Tattingchic, Thanks for the comments on ice cream cone. I'll probably do at least one more of these because I'm playing around with different bead placements.

Sherry, Yikes! I'm told fire ants really, really hurt. Thanks for the well wishes. He seems to be getting better.