Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Too Little Time!

Wow I keep looking for my bag of extra time! I know I've put it somewhere but can't seem to find extra time! I've been super busy lately! As a friend of mine would say busier than a one armed paper hanger. Did you know that Christmas is only three months away! Yikes!

I've been trying to get my fair entries ready to enter for next week. Well my gloves I worked on last year are ready but I still have to block my doily. I don't think I have posted a picture of my tatted gloves on my blog before so here they are.



Not to toot my own horn but I'm proud of these as I did them from a pattern from an Italian magazine, Il Lavoro chiacchierino #9. I found some translations for Italian tatting terms and followed the picture and was able to do them. I almost didn't purchase this magazine but I'm glad I did the patterns are beautiful and luckily most are diagrammed. The gloves, however, were not but with the translated terms and being able to look at the picture it wasn't too hard to figure out. Although in some areas I used my best guess, it was, in my humble a opinion, a very worth while project.

The doily I did is from the same magazine but like I said I have to block it so I'll take a picture of that before I enter it. I'm excited about entering my tatting into the fair this year and can't wait to see how it does. I'll keep you posted.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Tara, the gloves are lovely and you did a GREAT job on them! I love this pattern.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The gloves are beautiful! Wouldn't they be a wonderful gift for a bride?

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow! Those gloves are fabulous!
Good luck with the fair!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

These are very stunning. You have every right to be proud!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Tara, those gloves are amazing! What fine work! Unbelievable!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Gloves!

Tara said...

Thanks Everyone! When I did the gloves it was a self challenge to do something that I would not normally do. Believe me, I did say to myself at a couple of points in the process "What were you thinking?" But I'm glad it worked out. Yes I think they would be beautiful for a bride done in white. I thought they would be elegant in black as well. And I wanted to try out Olympus thread.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Your gloves deserved a Blue ribbon in my opinion....they are awesome!!

Tara said...

Thanks Kathy,

I'm still very pleased with the red ribbon! I'm going to try to get the blue some time. LOL

Tara

Barbara Gordon said...

My mouth fell open when I saw the gloves and then from an Italian magazine on top of it. Great job!

Beverly said...

I think you did a marvelous job with or without the pattern.