Saturday, August 16, 2008

Christmas Tatting & Mystery Motif


Well I've started on my Christmas tatting already. I've started tatting Laura's snowflake or shall I say snowflakes in earnest now. I also wanted to tell you about this wonderful ball drape pattern I found through Ds9designs. It's gorgeous! There are so many different colors to choose from I may have to order a couple of different bead packs soon. The one I did is entitled Rocking Christmas. Debbie Arnold sales the pattern and bead kits here. Debbie is so awesome to deal with! Didn't it come out great?! My plan is to do one for my Mom for Christmas. Last year she got a new tree and didn't have enough ornaments for it so I'm going to help her out. LOL Shhhh don't tell! Oh this is Motif #16 of my 25.




I also managed to do the August Mystery Motif which is Motif # 17 of my 25. Woo Hoo! I'm almost there! I may just have to start another 25 possibly. I'll try not to have too much fun! I was teasing Gina about being left out of her blog entry on the Mystery Motif and she gave me my very own post. LOL Thanks Gina for the giggle.

Have you listened to any Tatting Podcasts lately? I've listened to Ruth Perry which was great! Now I'm enjoying Arlene's Podcasts. It's been great to hear about her adventures and misadventures in tatting as well as knitting. You can find Arlene's Podcasts here and Ruth Perry's podcasts here.

5 comments:

Tattycat said...

The ornament is beautiful You did a great job and I'm sure your mother will be thrilled. (I won't tell.) You are a busy lady.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope we get to see a photo of the tree when December rolls around!

Gina said...

I knew you were teasing but I'm glad you brought it up because I certainly didn't mean to leave you out.

I saw Debbie's ornaments at Hector and they are beautiful!

:-) Gina

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Oh my goodness I love that bead draped ornament! How fun!

Tara said...

Thanks for all the compliments. I don't know about the picture of the tree because most of the ornaments I make I give away but I am keeping this one and doing another one for my Mom.

Tara