Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Joys of Pink

I have a funny story to share. As you can tell I like pink but pink is not my only favorite color. I like blue, purple. teal, and red.

Now my husband, gotta love him, will not use anything that he considers a girl color. I'm still trying to change his thinking on this because men can wear pink as well. However, I have found out something wonderful about pink. Anything I buy that's pink he will not use therefore, it remains in my possession. An example of this would be that I had this calculator that my husband "borrowed" which I didn't see for a long time and lo and behold he claimed it for himself and it became his calculator which in itself is not a bad thing except when you want to use and can't find it. So I bought a pink calculator and do you know it hasn't vanished and it is still considered my calculator. He does use it but it never vanishes to locations unknown.

So now we come to the backpack, I "had" this black backpack that I used to carry mine and my son's things when we went on school field trips and to the park which made life a whole lot easier since I wasn't lugging around two or three things. I just put what I needed in the backpack. Weeelll lo and behold he says can I "borrow" the backpack so I said yes but told him I use it to carry stuff in when our son and I go on school field trips and other places. To which he replies, well you can get another one and I'll use that or you could use the new one. Well I think you can guess I bought a lovely pink one just for me. When he saw it he said "But it's pink?!" in obvious dismay. I told him yeah I bought it for me. Then we both had a good laugh. That my friends is the joys of pink.




















On the tatting front I finished my tatted scrunchie but I did not have enough of the same kind of bead so I used different beads throughout. Who said you had to use the same bead? LOL The pattern is from Wally's book Up to the Hair.

6 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

LOVE the pink idea - I'm going to follow that principle in future and thank you for the tip!!!
JaneEb

Unknown said...

LOL! That is so funny about the pink! Is your husband aware of this "pink strategy"? I love it. The scrunchie looks great with the different beads.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is a great post. I'm smiling ear to ear.

Singtatter said...

I too have a similar story - whatever potato chips I buy (even sour cream or vinegar favoured), they always vanish before I have a chance to munch them. Until I bought wasabi favour (another one of my favourite), and he would never touch them!

Tara said...

Jane, Your welcome any time. LOL The tip works great.

Tattingchic, Thanks for the compliment. I don't think my husband has caught on yet so the strategy is still working! Wooo Hooo!

ladyshuttlemaker: Thanks for the compliment. Feel free to use this strategy. LOL

singtatter: that is too funny! Usually this is my husband's strategy for me since I don't like hot spicy things.

Tutti Chic said...

lOVEW THE PINK THING!!!Great post! :) chris