Thursday, August 14, 2008

Snowlfake Quest

Guess what? My snowflake quest has ended! Every year I strap on my hiking boots and put on my trusty jungle hat and wade through books, patterns and online patterns searching for a snowflake to include in my Christmas cards given to my family. It's quite a quest trying to decide which one to do and I try not to do the same one 2 years in a row. If I did a round shape snowflake last year then I do a different shape for this year. Why do I do this? Mainly because my Aunt loves my tatted snowflakes and she writes me a handwritten note every year thanking me for my snowflake. It makes me feel so good that my tatting is so appreciated and I treasure the notes she has sent me.

Without further ado, I am very pleased to announce that the one I've chosen for this year is Laura Blanton's Easter Egg Snowflake. Doesn't it look gorgeous in white! Call me old fashioned but snowflakes to me should be white. LOL Here it is! Isn't is lovely! Also it's Motif #15 on my 25.

8 comments:

Tattycat said...

I am so honored that you chose my snowflake for your Christmas cards this year! It does look very lovely in white. I'll have to tat it in white and see if I can make my picots look as even and lacey as your do!

Tattycat said...

I put a copy of your picture on my blog to show off your rendering of my snowflake. I hope that's okay with you!

Tatskool said...

Great choice Tara, now I am going to HAVE to do it now I have seen it in white...but I am going to have to do it in rainbow colours as well as white.
I love white snowflakes too but this year I love HDT.

http://tatsakoolchallenge.blogspot.com ......25 motif challenge

Unknown said...

This snowflake looks so nice. You did a great job. WOW! It looks like you've inspired Laura to tat it in whire! Now that IS something!!! :)

Jeff Hamilton said...

It does look great in white. You did an awesome job on Laura's snowflake. I keep meaning to make it, but I have too many designs I want to make.

Tara said...

Susan, Thank you for letting me use your pattern it is very pretty! Of course I don't mind if you put it on your blog. I would be honored. As far as picots goes I've always been able to do them using just my eyes but if I have to make them bigger then I use a picot gauge. LOL

tatskool, Thanks I like to do snowflakes in white but it would be great in color too.

tattingchic, Thanks for the compliment. Everyone should try this one in white! LOL

Jeff, Thanks for the compliment. I know what you mean my to do list is growing longer and longer by the minute. So many great patterns to try and too little time.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

What a great choice of snowflake for your Christmas cards. Everyone will be so pleased with this tatted snowflake.

I can't believe summer is almost over and school here starts in one week. That means Christmas is right around the corner and you are already starting on it. I must follow your example and start on my Christmas tatting and maybe this year I will actually get my cards done early. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tattycat said...

Hope the snowflakes went well and you got them all finished! I'd love an update. Merry Christmas, Laura