Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back To School Motif # 17 and 18

He went back to school! Isn't it ironic that as a parent you are so ready for them to go back to school and then when they do you miss them terribly! The first day was not without it's bumps in the road. By 1:00 p.m. my son decided he had enough of school and wanted to go home so he got his book bag and kept going to the door. The Teacher Assistant said it took some convincing for him to know that he really wasn't done yet.

Now on to tatting. Remember I posted about finding a pencil case that was a soft vinyl and trying to decide which motif to put on it and how. Well I did finally find the perfect motif.


No not this one. Although it is lovely, it just didn't seem to look right on my pencil case. I did it in Perfect Quilter thread #059. Wonderful thread which is equivalent to Size 80 and such lovely colors. This is motif # 17.



I found the pattern I used in Karey Solomon's Tatting Times. Wonderful publication and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.















And here is my pencil case! The color just sets off the thread so well. It is so roomy on the inside. It's amazing what you can find and use for tatting purposes. I also found a little plastic box yesterday while I was out and about just perfect to carry one project in. It even has a removable top shelf and still small enough to be entirely portable. I might put motif # 17 on that or do something entirely different. I haven't decided yet. My husband always asks but don't you have enough tatting containers. To which I replied one can never have enough of those. he he. Oh I'm counting my pencil case motif as Motif # 18.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both of your motifs are lovely. How did you attach the one to the soft vinyl of the pencil case?
I hope your feel better about school.

Tara said...

Thanks Tatting Chic! I thought everyone had disappeared for the holiday weekend. LOL I used Elmers Gel school glue. It did great!

Tara

Unknown said...

Oh, well, that's good to know about the gel glue. What I meant to say earlier was "I hope your son feels better about school". LOL! Sometimes my typing is so funny if I'm not watching myself!

Tara said...

Thanks! I do feel better about school and my son is starting too. I know what you meant but forgot to put my answer in my comment. LOL His class size is really small this year which is really great! Lots of individualized attention. I don't how he'll do this Tuesday with being home with me for three days.

Tara