Monday, July 14, 2008

Bookmarks! Motif 3 & 4 of my 25



Well have you ever tatted something and was not pleased with the color? I tatted this bookmark from Lenore English's site. The first one I did I used a lighter green and was not real pleased with the overall effect. I can't seem to get the exposure right on my digital camera. As I said tatting with this green kind of gave my bookmark a washed out look so I tatted again with a darker shade of green which I thought made the daisies pop. I like it better with the darker green. I tatted this bookmark years ago for an exchange with Altin Basik green #333 but they have discontinued it. I really loved that color of green. (sigh) I do think the darker green did beautifully though. As for my 25 motif challenge this is numbers 3 and 4. Woo hoo!
Here is the darker green.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the second one better, too. I think the reason the first green may not have worked as well (although it's hard to tell because the true color doesn't show on the computer)is because the first green looks like it had a warmish tint to it and the white and yellow of the flower were definately cool (white undertones in the yellow) and so a cool green (a green with white undertones looks better with the white and yellow. It's kind of hard to explain on a computer what I'm trying to say. Anyway, they both look like a little daisy garden patch. Good job!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I like both of them! They're just lovely!
Becky

victats@gmail.com said...

I agree, the second one has pizzaz. Color combinations can make such a difference to the outcome. The first one is still pretty but doesn't jump out at you.

Tara said...

Thanks Becky and Tattingchic. I know what you mean about cool colors. I was try to match the Altin Basik color that has been discontinued.

Tara