Friday, July 25, 2008

Ever had that craving?

In my last post, I forgot to mention that my cards are numbers 8 & 9 on my 25 motif challenge. Lack of sleep makes you forgetful. LOL



Did you ever feel this way when tatting something?
I sure have!

I got Martha Ess' book Tat's Amore and I absolutely love it! The only thing is deciding what to tat first. This is one of those books where you want to tat everything in it! Then there's the excitement of figuring out which thread to use. You know you go in your thread stash and they're all saying "pick me, pick me!" So I chose a lovely orange variegated which brings us to Motif 10 of the 25 Motif Challenge. I tatted Martha Ess' Scallop Heart from Tat's Amore.


Isn't it lovely? When I was looking at my finished heart, I got this strong craving for orange sherbet so it was off to the store and you know that was possibly the best orange sherbet I've ever tasted! Have you ever done that?

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I know I would have needed orange sherbet after tatting that heart! It's absolutely beautiful! Martha's book is a treat too!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I'm afraid I don't tat--I just come here to admire your lovely work! But I do have quite a craving for orange sherbet now! Maybe one of those orange push-ups! Where's the ice cream man when you need him?

Needledreams said...

I love Lola! And after seen the yummie heart I want Ice Cream too! It's really a lovely heart.

Unknown said...

Yes, some things I've tatted have made me want ice cream when I tatted two ice cream cones and rainbow sherbet when I was tatting with Lady Shuttle Maker's "Yummy Grapefruit" and watermelon when I was tatting my watermelon heart. I TAT-ally know what you're talking about! LOL! Love the heart. Good job.

Toptattyhead said...

Yes, Tara, the heart pattern is lovely, but I also love your beautiful tatting with even stitches and picots. I am a perfectionist and you will do for me! :-)

Tattycat said...

The heart is beautiful and yummy looking. Yes, I do the same thing with the cravings. I haven't tatted this one yet. Guess I'll have to put it on my list.

Tara said...

Thanks Diane, Martha's book is a real treat in itself.

Thanks Becky, I love reading your blog as well. If you find the ice cream man send him my way I'm out of sherbet. LOL

Wally, I love Lola too. Thanks for the great compliment.

Tattingchic, Thanks so much. You know I have that ice cream con on my list to tat as well!

Linda, Thanks Linda! All I can say is it took lots and lots and lots of practice. LOL

Tattycat, If your list is like mine it grows by the minute. So many lovely patterns, so little time. (sigh)