Monday, July 7, 2008

What an interesting weekend?


Well what an interesting weekend. LOL Saturday morning our central air broke down. It was hot! It was 89 inside and when I say hot I mean hot. 89 degrees is not sooo bad but here in North Carolina we have what I like to call jungle kind of hot where the humidity is super high which unfortunately makes it that much hotter. My poor son wanted to turn on the lights but I kept telling him to turn them off and he didn't understand why we couldn't have them on. LOL My son has autism and he is a real sweetie.
There he is getting his honor roll medals at school. Anyway we did call someone to come fix it which they did and all is well and blessedly cool now!

As for tatting I am working fast on a cross bookmark for a friend of mine who is going to have surgery on Wednesday. I hope I can get it done by then. I'm doing the large cross from Mary Konior's Visual Patterns book. I'll post a picture of the cross when I'm done along with the card I'm making her. Since I didn't have a blog before I'll show you my "Saloon Girl" which I did for the Tat it and See it was so much fun! I was watching old Westerns with my husband like Gunsmoke, Marshall Dillon, Rawhide so I made a Saloon Girl. Howdy Parter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you got your air conditioning fixed. It makes a big difference. What a nice pic of your son. I think your Saloon girl turned out so cute.

Needledreams said...

Welcome to the wonderful and addictive world of blogging! Love your tatting and specially the salong girl. :-)