Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Leftover Thread


Well I had yellow thread left on my shuttle so what do you do? Well I made another bookmark! I went through some of my tatting patterns that I had printed off from the internet and found this cute edging which was pretty simple to do so I made it into a bookmark. I can't post the link because it seems the original site has disappeared. Nothing I dislike more than reading someone's blog go to click on a link and it's not there. The pattern was from tat and tat I believe that was what the site was called. It came out pretty well! This time I tried an even lighter green. Wow I seem to be stuck on green. I'll have to do something with no green in it soon.

Egads! I just realized I messed up my count on the 25 Motif Challenge so a correction is in order. Last post I said 3 and 4 but it should have been 4 and 5 so that would make this 6 and 7. Woo hoo! Almost half way there!

I also did Gina's July Mystery Motif at her threadgoddess blog. It turned out really well although my version doesn't look like the original. I love doing the mystery motifs it kind of gives you some experience in reading old patterns and knowing what they mean. However, I must say that I'd take new pattern notation any day. I do love the new pattern notation much better than the old as it's definitely less confusing.

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your bookmark is really pretty! I love the green and yellow together.

Unknown said...

That is a pretty pattern! It would look so cute in so many colors. I like the green with another pretty color! It looks like a little flower garden that way. Your shade pull looks neat. Keep these great posts coming.

Gina said...

One of my first bookmarks was from this pattern! Great job!
:-) Gina